What is it?
Each day families go to familyadvent.com and click on the star that coordinates with the date. They will then be linked to a devotional for that day. Each devotional includes:
- a few verses of Scripture to read together (there are also links where you can read it online and even have it read to you)
- some discussion thoughts and questions
- a suggested activity to do together
- usually some online activity, either a video to watch together or a game to play (please know that we have no control over other content that YouTube links or promotes)
- a prayer prompt for your family
When Does it Start?
The first devotion will be posted on December 10. A new one will be available each day through December 25. You can click back on previous days, but you can’t jump ahead. It adds to the suspense/fun for the kids.
Who Can Use It?
Anyone! It is written in correlation with our sermon series at West Bradenton Baptist Church, but any family should find it helpful in focusing on Jesus through the Christmas season. Most content is geared towards families with preschool and elementary kids, but you can tailor it to fit your needs. We had grown ups and senior adults enjoy it last year.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long will it take to do this?
We recommend that families block out about 15 minutes a day. You can make it as long or as short as you want.
What if we miss a day?
Not a problem. Just jump right back in. You can go back and read the missed day if you want, but you can also just keep moving ahead. The important part is to NOT QUIT.
What if we don’t want to do the activities or don’t have time?
That is absolutely fine. Just DO SOMETHING. Just reading the verses with your kids is huge. We know not every family can or will do every activity. Again, that is fine. Just do as much or as little as you want. Just do it!